VOTE for your Board Member
2022 Annual Meeting – April 28th @ 6PM
For the health and safety of our member-owners and employees, this year’s annual meeting may be held virtually due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Members will be able to participate on line or listen by phone.
PRE-REGISTRATION will be required. To register, please send an email with your name, address and account number to
At that time, the results of the election of the Board of Directors will be announced.
Can I Be a Board Member?
If you are interested in a position on the Elmhurst Mutual Power & Light Company Board our annual elections are in April of each year. Applications to run for our board must be received by our office by March 1st prior to the April election. Our Board Members serve a three-year term.
Please call the office and we will send you an application.Upon return of your application, we will ask you to help us write a short biography to include in our Voter’s Pamphlet. Voting will take place during the month of April and will conclude the day of our Annual Meeting. Within the Bylaws and Policies of Elmhurst, there are eligibility requirements that every candidate must be meet.
The requirements of being a board member are as follows:
Eligibility. Eligibility to serve as a Board member of the corporation requires that the candidate be a member of record at the time of election and that the candidate reside in a place served by the corporation. In addition, while a director, and during the one (1) year immediately prior to becoming a director, a director or director candidate must not be, nor have been:
- A close relative of any exiting director, other than an existing director who will cease being a director within one (1) year prior to the relative becoming a director (Close relative shall mean Brother, Sister, Father, Mother, Daughter, or Son, whether by marriage or adoption),
- An existing, or close relative of an existing cooperative employee, agent, or representative,
- Employed by, materially affiliated with, or share in a material financial interest with any other director,
- Engaged in, nor employed by, materially affiliated with, or have a material financial interest in, any individual or entity, directly and substantially competing with Elmhurst Mutual Power and Light Company,
- An existing, or close relative of an existing member, officer, agent or employee of any labor union that presently represents employees of Elmhurst Mutual Power and Light Company.
If you meet these requirements and would like to run, applications are available in our office our can be mailed upon request. Applications must be completed and returned to our office no later than March 1, 2020. There are two board positions open for 2020.
Board of Director’s Meetings – 2022
April 28 of 22, Annual meeting
We Are Gratefully Accepting Donations for
THE WISHING WELL FOUNDATION
What is needed most? We love all donations of NEW and GENTLY USED clothing and other basics for newborn to age 21. Inventory is very low on boys pants size 4 to 8, girl’s shirts size 5 to 8, boy’s underwear size 6 and 8, and girl’s underwear sizes 2 and 4. Also needed are toddler shoe sizes (both genders) sizes 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Please NO USED underwear or socks (except infant socks), items with holes, stains, or obvious wear and tear.
What kind of toys are needed? Toys such as Legos, Little People, Barbie’s, Littlest Pet Shop, outdoor toys, scooters, bikes, puzzles, and movies.
Teen Items: Wallets, purses, belts, perfume, cologne, bath & body works, nail polish, makeup, curling irons, hair straighteners, brushes, boys hygiene products, gaming consoles, and books for all ages. Gift cards, movie passes and Seahawks a favorite.
Please no small McDonald’s type toys or stuffed animals.
BACK TO SCHOOL DRIVE
Thanks to all of our fantastic customers, employees, and Board of Directors who contributed to our backto school drive program. We were able to get a variety of school supplies – notebooks, markers, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, rulers, binders, and more – all needed to help local foster kids start the school year. Besides school supplies we received some wonderful clothes donations and generous cash donations to fill in where the Wishing Well Foundation needed it the most. A big THANKS once again!