As a member of the EMP&L Cooperative, you are able to vote for the board members of your choice. Please use the following link to vote before April 22nd, 2020:
The annual elections are in April of each year. Our Board Members serve a three-year term and are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
The requirements of being a board member are as follows:
Eligibility. Eligibility to serve as a Board member of the corporation requires that the candidate be a member of record at the time of election and that the candidate reside in a place served by the corporation. In addition, while a director, and during the one (1) year immediately prior to becoming a director, a director or director candidate must not be, nor have been:
- A close relative of any exiting director, other than an existing director who will cease being a director within one (1) year prior to the relative becoming a director (Close relative shall mean Brother, Sister, Father, Mother, Daughter, or Son, whether by marriage or adoption),
- An existing, or close relative of an existing cooperative employee, agent, or representative,
- Employed by, materially affiliated with, or share in a material financial interest with any other director,
- Engaged in, nor employed by, materially affiliated with, or have a material financial interest in, any individual or entity, directly and substantially competing with Elmhurst Mutual Power and Light Company,
- An existing, or close relative of an existing member, officer, agent or employee of any labor union that presently represents employees of Elmhurst Mutual Power and Light Company.
If you meet these requirements and would like to run, applications are available in our office our can be mailed upon request. Applications must be completed and returned to our office no later than March 1, 2020. There are two board positions open for 2020.
2020 Election results for the two open Elmhurst Board seats have been finalized:
Victoria Lincoln – 1016 (Decision, remains a Board member)
Merle Anderson – 1007 (Decision, remains a Board member)
Sharon McNiven-Chavez – 536