Many of our customers periodically ask us about wood chips. If you are interested in wood chips, please call Shawn at (253) 534-5485.
If anyone wonders, “why wood chips?”, this article from Leaf & Limb provides good information.
Here are several reasons to use wood chips for your plants:
- Wood chips rot and feed the soil, which feeds the plant (and reduces the need for chemical nutrients).
- They maintain temperature near the roots, which is important during extreme summer or winter temperatures.
- They prevent water evaporating from the soil.
- They suppress weeds.
- They can prevent damage from mowers or string trimmers.
- They are chunkier than other types of mulch and irregularly shaped, which allows water to flow more easily through groundcover.